[Various locations in Ulster] Humanity Campaign: Keep Children Safe in Israel & Palestine (EAPPI)
Keep Children Safe in Israel & Palestine
We now have the dates for our May 29th Campaign (times tbc).
We will be stopping in each town to talk with community
members and meet with local press in order to raise awarness
of this issue.
- 29th May – Omeath, Co. Louth, Warren Point, Co. Down, Forkhill, Co. Armagh, Newtonhamilton, Co. Down.
- 30th May – Newtonhamilton, Co. Armagh, Keady, Co. Armagh, Armagh City
- 31st May – Armagh City, Moygashel, Co. Tyrone, Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone
- 1st June – Aughnacloy, Co. Tyrone, Clones, Co. Monaghan
- 2nd June – Clones, Co. Monaghan, Belturbet, Co. Cavan, Swanlibar, Co. Cavan
- 3rd June – Swanlibar, Co. Cavan, Belcoo, Co. Fermanagh, Blacklion, Co. Cavan
- 4th June – Blacklion, Co. Cavan, Garrison, Co. Fermanagh, Beleek, Co. Fermanagh, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal
- 5th June – Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal, Ballintra, Co. Donegal, Donegal Town
- 6th June – Donegal Town, Ballybofey, Castlefinn, Co. Donegal, Stranorlar, Co. Donegal, Lifford, Co. Donegal
- 7th June – Lifford, Co. Donegal, Derry-Londonderry (We look forward to ex-Mayor and current MLA, Colum Eastwood joining us for the last leg of the cycle).
Please join our North/South Campaign to put pressure on the Knesset to treat children with humanity.
We will launch the campaign on 29th May in Warrenpoint and the cycle tour will involve meetings and talks with church leaders, politicians, local schools, local newspaper journalists. We will also bring a petition for you to sign along the way.
The entire cycle tour will be filmed by an award-winning Journalist and Broadcaster, so come along and be seen.
If you have any contacts in the areas listed above or would like to dust
off your bicyle and join us for a few miles, please get in touch.
Our goal is to put pressure on Europe to enforce the following
conditions relating to child arrests;
1) Parents should be notified of arrest immediately and informed where
child (aged 18 and under) will be detained.
2) Parents and Children must be informed of the charges against said
children immediately upon arrest.
3) Parent(s)/guardian(s)/legal representative chosen by detainee’s
family must be present at all times during interviews1 and if necessary
given relevant travel permits.
4) Statements/official documents must be presented to detainee in
5) Children must not be beaten or psychologically tortured at any time
whilst being arrested and/or detained.
Under Article 1 of Geneva Convention IV, the EU is obliged to enforce
International Humanitarian Law in the oPt and so we are asking for is
action within the current legal system.