[Palestine] Journey for Justice – Palestine 2016 (JAI)
Youth, 17 – 25, from all over the world are invited to join the Journey for Justice in Palestine.
16th (arrival) – 24th (departure) July 2016, in Palestine
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, July 16: Arrival.
- Sunday, July 17: Introduction to YMCA, YWCA and JAI. Guided tour inside Church of Nativity and Bethlehem market. Wall and settlements surrounding Bethlehem area – witness confiscated lands and meet farmers.
- Monday, July 18: Jerusalem. Guided tour inside Jerusalem old city (Aqsa Mosque, Sepulchre Church). Lunch at YMCA/YWCA headquarter and meet staff. Guided tour with ICAHD / Zochrot / Breaking the Silence Israeli group. Evening movie screening.
- Tuesday, July 19: Jericho: Baptism site and Jordan river, YWCA center in Jericho (presentation about work and activities, meet clients, lunch), walk up Mount of Temptation and visit monastery, Sychamore Tree, Tel-Sultan Jericho 10,000 years old city’ remains, free time in Jericho down town.
- Wednesday, July 20: Meet students at Bethlehem University, Free time in Bethlehem, Presentations on the BDS Campaign, Kairos Palestine Initiative, Involvement in the Olive Tree Campaign – future advocacy plans and follow up.
- Thursday, July 21: Early morning watch to Bethlehem-Jerusalem checkpoint with EAPPI. Guided tour in the old city of Hebron: Presentation about the situation with the TIPH, then guided tour with the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee (HRC) to witness settlements inside the town – divided areas – forbidden streets, closures, divided Ibrahimi mosque. Lunch in the old city. Visit glass and Palestinian scarf factories.
- Friday, July 22: Help farmers at their fields. Afternoon presentation on the Palestinian refugees and right of return by Badil center for refugees. Meeting Refugees and guided tour inside a refugee camp. Folklore Cultural evening at YMCA.
- Saturday, August 23: Ramallah: Visit and meet staff and students at YWCA vocational Traning Centre – Ramallah. Presentation and doscussion on Palestinian prisoners in the Israeli jails by Addameer. Visit to Nabi Salih / Bili’n (popular resistance). Visit Arafat’ tomb. Free time in Ramallah. Farewell dinner.
- Sunday, August 24: Departure.
Criterea / Remarks (read carefully):
- Participants ages should be between 17 and 25 (up to 30 could be allowed for special cases).
- The JAI covers some portion of the program costs, while participation still need to pay some fees of 700 USD per participant, excluding VISA fees (to Israel, if needed in advance).
- The participation fees cover transportation from and to Tel-Aviv airport to the hostel in Beit Sahour, local transportation during the program, accommodation, meals, and all extra (not JAI team) guiding and entrance fees during the Journey. This amount is to be paid in advance by a money transfer, or in cash soon as the participant arrives.
- Each participant, or his/her respective movement or sending organization, covers his/her air ticket. Tickets should be reserved so as to arrive on the 16th of July and departure on the 24th of July 2016. Extra days outside the scope of the Journey can be arranged, but will add extra costs on the participant.
- Participants of nationalities that need a VISA to Israel in advance, they, or their respective movement or sending organization, are resonsible for obtaining and managing their TOURIST VISAs on their own, while the JAI, EJ YMCA or YWCA of Palestine are, unfortunately, unable to help in this matter.
- Deadline for filled applications submission is end of June 2016.
If you have any question or concern:
Media Officer / Exchange Programs Coordinator
YMCA – YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative (JAI)
Tel / Fax: + 970 (0)2 2774540
Organised by the Joint Advocacy Initiative/ YMCA Palestine