[Palestine] Join the Journey for Justice 2012 (JAI)
Youth Journey for Justice
7th (arrival) – 15th (departure) July 2012
Youth leaders from and through national and local YMCA and YWCA movements around the world are invited to join the Journey for Justice in Palestine.
Watch Journey for Justice promotion video
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, July 7, Day 1: Arrival.
- Sunday, July 8, Day 2: Introduction to YMCA, YWCA and JAI. Guided tour inside Church of Nativity and Bethlehem market. Wall and settlements surrounding Bethlehem area – witness confiscated lands and meet farmers.
- Monday, July 9, Day 3: Watch Bethlehem-Jerusalem checkpoint with EAPPI. Breakfast at YWCA headquarter and meet GS and staff. Guided tour inside Jerusalem old city (Aqsa Mosque, Sepulchre Church). Lunch at YMCA headquarter and meet GS and staff. Meet Zochrot Israeli group. Evening movie screening.
- Tuesday, July 10, Day 4: Ramallah: meet Right to Education Campaign. Al-Dameer Prisoners organization. Visit to Bili’n (popular resistance). Visit Arafat’ tomb. Free time in Ramallah.
- Wednesday, July 11, Day 5: Nablus (north West Bank): visit Al-Najah University and guided tours with students. Guided tour inside Nablus old city including Hammam, Jacob’ well. Meet with Samaritans.
- Thursday, July 12, Day 6: A tour in the old city of Hebron. Visiting the Ibrahimi Mosque. Presentation about the situation and guided tour with the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee (HRC) to witness settlements inside the town – divided areas – forbidden streets. Lunch in the old city. Visit glass and Palestinian scarf factories.
- Friday, July 13, Day 7: Witness YMCA summer camp in Beit Sahour. Presentations on the BDS Campaign, Kairos Palestine Initiative. Presentation at Badil center for refugees. Guided tour inside a refugee camp. Home stays with Palestinian families.
- Saturday, July 14, Day 8: Involvement in the Olive Tree Campaign – future advocacy plans and follow up. Visit and presentation about and YWCA Jericho food production center – working with women and lunch at the center. Visit Jericho old city (oldest city in the world). Walk up Mount of Temptation. Folklore Cultural evening – farewell dinner.
- Sunday, July 15, Day 9: Departure.
Criterea / Remarks (read carefully):
Participants ages should be between 17 and 25 (up to 30 could be allowed for special cases).
The JAI covers a large portion of the program costs, while participation still need to cover some fees of 650 USD, beside their VISA fees (to Israel, if needed in advance).
The participation fees cover transportation from and to Tel-Aviv airport, local transportation during the program, accommodation, meals, and all extra guiding and entrance fees during the Journey. This amount is to be paid in advance by a money transfer, or in cash soon as the participant arrives.
Each participant, or his/her respective movement, covers his/her air ticket. Tickets should be reserved so as to arrive on the 7th and departure on the 15th of July 2012. Extra days outside the scope of the Journey will add extra costs on the participant.
Participants of nationalities that need a VISA to Israel in advance, they, or their respective movements, are in charge of obtaining and managing their VISAs on their own, while the JAI, EJ YMCA or YWCA of Palestine are, unfortunately, unable to help in this matter.
Deadline for filled applications submission is mid June 2012.
Application is available online
and end the filled application to / and if you have any question or concern:
Tel / Fax: + 970 (0)2 2774540
Media Officer / Exchange Programs Coordinator
YMCA – YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative (JAI)