[Palestine] Olive Tree Planting Program 2018 (JAI-ATG)
3rd (arrival) – 12th (departure) February 2018
West Bank, Palestine
Register online now
A program for Civil International Solidarity with Palestinians
The JAI together with the Alternative Tourism Group (ATG) are organizing the 10th annual Olive Planting Program – February 2018, as part of the JAI ongoing Keep Hope Alive – Olive Tree Campaign, to help Palestinian farmers and their families plant olive trees in their threatened fields.
Besides olive planting, the program features introductory presentations about the current situation in Palestine and the effects of the Apartheid Wall, tours in the old city of Jerusalem, Hebron, Bethlehem, as well as Ramallah, in addition to cultural events and social gatherings.
It is our pleasure that people are taking part in our mission in Keeping Hope Alive together and to learn more about daily Palestinian life under a merciless military occupation.
- The cost of the program including accommodation in a double room, meals, guides, local transportation and other relevant expenses is $750. Requesting a single room at the hotel would cost the participant $200 Extra. Any extra night(s) accommodation (before the night of the 3rd/4th of February, or after the night of the 11th/12th of February 2018) can be arranged with extra costs.
- Accommodation can be arranged at a hotel or with a local family.
- A tour guide will be present with the group at all times for facilitation purposes.
- Travel from and to the airport is NOT included in the cost but can be arranged for groups and individuals (350 NIS per person for each drive).
- Please fill and submit the Registration Form AFTER booking your ticket, in order to fill your arrival and departure information in the same record.
- Upon registration, you are automatically admitted to participate in the program (without having to wait for confirmation from our side), and you will receive further information accordingly.
For any other information, question, please contact:
- Joint Advocacy Initiative of the East Jerusalem YMCA and the YWCA of Palestine, campaigns officer, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (+970) 2 2774540.
- Alternative Tourism Group, program coordinator, via email at: email@example.com or by phone at (+970) 2 2772151.
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, Feb. 3, Day 1: Arrival to the airport and travel to Bethlehem to meet representatives from the organizing institutions for an overview of the program, remarks, and briefing about the JAI and ATG. Dinner.
- Sunday, Feb. 4, Day 2: Guided tour in Bethlehem: site-seeing, introduction to the town, Wall, Refugee camp tour, Bethlehem old city, Church of Nativity.
- Monday, Feb. 5, Day 3: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Afternoon presentation and discussion with BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugees’ Rights.
- Tuesday, Feb 6, Day 4: Visiting East Jerusalem: A tour in the old city of Jerusalem to visit the main sites in the city. Lunch. In the afternoon there will be a guided tour to witness settlements, house demolition and beduins in Jerusalem with Israeli activist.
- Wednesday, Feb. 7, Day 5: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Geopolitical presentation on the Israeli Apartheid Wall and land expropriation by Israeli authorities.
- Thursday, Feb. 8, Day 6: Free Day.
- Friday, Feb. 9, Day 7: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Afternoon visit to an olive wood carving factory/workshop. Late afternoon advocacy and future work session with the Joint Advocacy Initiative.
- Saturday, Feb. 10, Day 8: Hebron Day: A tour in the old city of Hebron to visit the Ibrahimi Mosque, es-souq (the market), and to see the Israeli division of Hebron and the Israeli settlers who occupy the center of the city. Visit Scarfs (Koufiyyeh) and Glass factories.
- Sunday, Feb. 11, Day 9: Half day planting trees at selected field, followed by lunch. Afternoon general comments and evaluation session, followed by a musical evening and farewell with staff members and volunteers. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Monday, Feb. 12, Day 10: Departure.
We hope to have you with us!