Aims of the IPSC
The aims of the Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign are as follows:
- To build solidarity and mutual understanding between the people on the island of Ireland and the Palestinian people;
- To raise awareness in Ireland of the illegal occupation of Palestinian land, the plight of Palestinian refugees and the struggle of Palestinian citizens of Israel for full equality and civil rights;
- To participate in international efforts to put pressure on the Israeli state to cease its oppression of the Palestinian people;
- To promote engagement by the Irish Government, the political institutions in the North and the European Union for a just and equitable settlement based on the full and unequivocal implementation of international law.
- To develop and co-ordinate support for Palestinian rights among political parties north and south, churches, local authorities, trade unions, non-governmental organisations, and the general public;
- To foster links between Palestinian and Irish institutions and organizations in the areas of health, education, sport, culture, local government, workers’ rights, the global economy, and the promotion of human and civil rights;
- To foster links with Israeli individuals and organisations supportive of full Palestinian rights.
- To build the IPSC as an effective organisation to carry out such campaigning, educational, media and other activities as will serve the preceding aims.